Some links, as it’s several hours later than I wanted to be finished with “stuff” this evening (having done some NO2ID bits and pieces and texted with and ’s ex-lodger James after he texted me after refusing my calls; discovered how to file a Small Claims Court case online, which might prove useful, though he says he’s gonna pay me all the money I owed him on Thursday, so I’ve pended the case for now).
- Star Spangled ice cream so we can all support President Bush even when eating comfort food (for any Americans who didn’t get it, that was irony ;o)
- The Identity Cards Bill in the Commons (last time) — evidently I didn’t get round to blogging this, the most entertaining quote not from a government minister:
John Bercow (Con, Buckingham): My hon. Friend’s words about my little intervention on Second Reading were generous. I am thoroughly depressed about this obnoxious and distasteful Bill, but as a result of his characteristic generosity, I shall go about my business for the rest of the day with a glint in my eye and a spring in my step that would otherwise have been lacking.
- More recently, there’s a new Calendario Romano, from which £1 from every sale goes to London HIV charity The Food Chain.
- And further evidence (as if it were needed) that Americans are all mad. Well, not all of them, but far too many of them. Creationism has massive penetration in the US:
Which of the following statements comes closest to your views on the origin and development of human beings?
Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God guided this process [38%]
Human beings have developed over millions of years from less advanced forms of life, but God had no part in this process [13%]
God created human beings pretty much in their present form at one time within the last 10,000 years or so? [45%]
- Oh, and one of my closest friends, , has posted to Suicide Boys (outdoing me, the bitch!). Not once, but twice (coming soon!). So all go and tell him how fabulous he looks. :o)
Right, if I’m not too busy for the rest of the week, there might be a more detailed update soon. Otherwise, it’ll be over the Bank Holiday weekend, when is here.