Well, that was fun. A handful of photos on my Flickr profile from Soho Pride (and some others from Retro on Friday). Well, my shiny new Nokia 6680 arrived and I had to play. This photo of the effects on Ilford of a Saturday night, on a Sunday morning is one of my favorites. The only thing that was a bit crap about Soho Pride, though, was that I got sent Caribe (thankfully not being stupid enough to press “Yes, please install”). Also, going back to my shiny new phone, I appear to have invented a new word: tubestalking; I added it to Urban Dictionary, but it’s still awaiting approval. Oh, and I just found out there’s a Suicide Boys on Flickr as well!
Work’s been okish of late; still working on the extranets site, after having been doing a load of research and authoring for a pitch job. Spent some of yesterday, trying to get SpamAssassin running against my Plum email. Failed to get my nipple pierced, as I was too hungover to leave the flat. Had a fantastic time at Starkers last weekend; next one should prolly be on August Bank Holiday weekend, people should come with me.
Increasingly worried (and pissed off) by the ridiculously melodramatic overpolicing in London atm. Got a text from a friend a week ago: Just got a text from a friend: “Just passed a freight train full of armoured cars with Police written on them in English and Arabic, headed for London . Loving some of the reactions, though, like this photo site.
Shitloads of other things I’m meant to be blogging, but I can’t remember, for the life of me, so I’ll post some links, whilst I try think of it:
- I assume most people have, by now, encoutered the Google Earth meme? NASA‘s World Wind is free, if you can’t get into Google Earth…
- Super whizzy Be* 24-meg broadband. Bet the bastards won’t do Ilford any time soon.
- Stef has put together a fab animation of tube disruption (before July seventh), from the awesome TfL realtime disruption map, snapshotted over a month.
- I was a little disturbed on Recon the other day, when I looked at some bloke’s profile, saw this, somewhat fetish-based, photo and my first thought was Doctor Who (2005: s01e09)
- Rob () posted to Linkmonkey a coupla weeks ago. The really cool Russian bar-code poster/wallpaper people at art.lebedev have come up with the coolest keyboard ever, which they’re working on…
- I discovered recently (again from Linkmonkey) that we don’t have hummingbirds in the UK. The Birds of Britain FAQ(!), apparently: Well, the short answer is no — they are only found in North, Central and South America. What you have probably seen is something that looks and acts rather like one — a Humming Bird Hawk Moth. Found mainly in southern Europe, a small number appear in Britain, often feeding on garden flowers. The pictures below were taken by one of our readers, K Cully and show how much like a humming bird these day flying moths can look as they hover and fly backwards and forwards feeding on nectar.
- Whilst several of my friends (yes, I mean you and Ads) seem to be potty over Harry, I’m glad none of them is quite this stupid.
- Never forget: ninjas are totally sweet. You can even buy the book!
- Another Linkmonkey post showed us this fantastic logo.
- And another: a fab Shockwave doodah
- A weird game that was a bit popular at work (some people have too much time on their hands).
- And Karl at work just happened to know the origins of that fucking irritating Crazy Frog.
Think that’s it for now…