Ok, so I’ve been so bloody snowed under that I’ve not even managed to fill out of lousy meme. So here goes — at last.
- What did you do in 2005 that you’d never done before?
Well, I spose having sex with a woman for the first time in 12 years doesn’t count, though I did also go to Starkers for the first time.
- Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
I don’t make New Year’s resolutions
- Did anyone close to you give birth?
My stepsister did, in the tail end of December: Finlay William Lennon. I’ve a horrible feeling I’m forgetting another birth earlier in the year, too.
- Did anyone close to you die?
My mad great-aunt Mable. And someone else, I think, but I have the world’s most lousy memory, especially for really important things.
- What countries did you visit?
England, ‘s about it for now.
- What would you like to have in 2006 that you lacked in 2005?
A bit more job satisfaction; a sane psyche; the ability to go visit my mother (no matter how dull Dartmoor is); a foreign holiday; my own flat.
- What date from 2005 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
- What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Getting to work on March fourth (see entries on the second and fifth) and July 11.
- What was your biggest failure?
Not getting to work on March second and third.
- Did you suffer illness or injury?
- What was the best thing you bought?
- Whose behaviour merited celebration?
Fuck only knows. All the usuals.
- Whose behaviour made you appalled and depressed?
As several people have said, Blair and Bush. A few people closer to work, as well, but we’ll gloss past that.
- Where did most of your money go?
Through my credit card, apparently. Probably towards retailers of DVDs and gin, at a guess.
- What did you get really, really, really excited about?
The prospect of having a kid. Oh, and being able to enjoy caffeine again: the big and the small ;o)
- What song will always remind you of 2005?
Lots of indie/alternative stuff, like The Killers, My Chemical Romance and stuff
- Compared to this time last year, are you:
- happier or sadder?
Dunno, maybe happier; certainly I’m medicated now ;o)
- thinner or fatter?
- richer or poorer?
- happier or sadder?
- What do you wish you’d done more of?
Getting laid, getting a better job, worthwhile shit
- What do you wish you’d done less of?
- How will you be spending Christmas?
I spent Christmas 2005 with Jen (), Scott (), John () and RobG ()
- Who did you spend the most time on the phone with?
Prolly my mother; I don’t talk on the phone all that much
- Did you fall in love in 2005?
I’m not sure if “in love” is quite the right term, but I certainly became a fuckload closer to someone.
- How many one-night stands?
Do they have to have stayed the night?
- What was your favorite TV program?
Just gonna base mine on Jen’s answer here: Desperate Housewives, the new Doctor Who, Shameless, Lost, Nip/Tuck, Weeds, West Wing and Dream Team.
- Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Noone that springs to mind
- What was the best book you read?
Read several great books, notably Richard Morgan‘s Takeshi Kovacs novels, 9tail Fox by Jon Courtenay Grimwood, Pushing Ice by Alastair Reynolds and The Handmaid’s Tale by Margaret Atwood, bought for me by Jen, as it’s her favourite book.
- What was your greatest musical discovery?
Something or other from Alan () or Ebby (), prolly.
- What did you want and get?
The beginning of a solution to my anxiety issues
- What did you want and not get?
The ability to get pissed without dying the following day
- What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
I got very drunk (twice) and I was thirty.
- What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Having fully conquered my anxiety shit.
- How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2005?
Jesus, how much of a faggot d’you think I am?!
- What kept you sane?
Erm, Citalopram. Do keep up!
- Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Dunno, several. Qboy is a current favourite.
- What political issue stirred you the most?
The accelerating conversion of the UK into a police-state by the increasingly authoritarian New Labour.
- Who did you miss?
Oh, I dunno. I’m not good at answering questions like that.
- Who was the best new person you met?
Dunno, though straight Jamie from Starkers has to be a contender, as do a few new faces at work.
- Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2005
That I will overcome it.
- Quote a song lyric that sums up your year